Your summary of the biggest tax, trade and investment headlines affecting International Business and Financial Services.
1. India to blacklist treaty partners over concerns about the lack of effective tax information exchange.
2. The British Virgin Islands, with a population of 30,000, is now the fifth biggest recipient of FDI in the world, said the annual World Economic Report.
4. Op-Ed: Knowing Your Customer Must Mean Knowing the Real Owner U.S Treasury Department
5. Starbucks Pays UK Corporation Tax for the First Time in Five Years.
6. Cadbury Accused of Highly Aggressive Tax Avoidance Schemes.
7. Italy’s Football Clubs Being Investigated by the Tax Authourities.
8. Jersey Court Dismisses TIEA Appeal.
9. White House to Pursue Beneficial Ownership Legislation.
10. Lamy: Doha Talks are Not Dead
11. UK Spending Review: How the Cake Is Cut
12. US Supreme Court Strikes Down Defence of Marriage Act.
13. Swiss Parliament Agrees to FATCA IGA.
14. UBS’s French Unit Fined $13 Million in Tax-Evasion Inquiry
15. study Finds It’s Easier to Set Up a ‘Puppet’ Company in Britain and U.S Than Offshore
France Announces New Tax Haven Blacklist. Are You Surprised?
When OFCs Become Chronic Over Achievers; the Curse of the Capable
Your 8 Questions Answered on the OECD Multilateral Convention on Mutual Assistance in Tax Matters Answered (PPT/PDF)
What is a Tax Haven? It Depends
Canada Cracks Down on Domestic Tax Cheats.
Same-Sex Tax Squabbles
Status of the Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters and Amending Protocol (Updated)